Thursday, March 8, 2012

How Do You View It?

Friends,

In the past week I have had 7 people talk to me about something tragic that has recently happened in their lives.  As I listened to my friends in need, giving them an ear and a shoulder where needed, I couldn't help but think about a tragic moment that I have recently experienced as well.  While each incidence was different, ranging from home foreclosure, job lay off, death of a loved one, etc... all of us had one thing in common... a common question.  "Why would God do this to me?"  As conversations continued, as good Christian believers should, I noticed that the question quickly was corrected to "Why did God allow this to happen to me?"  I think this is an understandable question and it is one that goes through anyone's mind when faced with unexpected 'challenges' in our lives. 

This week, during our morning reading together, Dori and I came across the answer.  It was in a book, which we highly recommend to everyone, called "The Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren.  In chapter 2 (Day 2), Rick explains this from a Biblical point.  Here is what he said.

"Know that trauma you faced and God wept that it hurt you so; but it was allowed to shape your heart so that into His likeness you would grow."

While that may be hard to understand while going through these times, most if not everyone I have talked to says... "Later on in life, I was able to see that All Things Do Happen For A Reason and let me tell you what was Birthed from such a tragedy..."

Never Give Up!  Dig Deep... Turn Your Tragedy or Challenge INTO Something.  You May Not Know What... But Keep Looking and Never Give Up!

God Bless and Have A Wonderful Day,
Chris

To better help our Fiends, Brothers, and Sisters... I welcome any comments on this subject. 

No comments:

Post a Comment